After releasing Android KitKat 4.4, every Android users are getting crazy about unique and smart features of this Android OS. Peoples are eagerly waiting for this update but unfortunately till now Only Google Nexus 5 has this update. Some smartphone brands are planning to launch their devices with this latest Android OS but they haven’t revealed any certain date of releasing of this update for their current users. You might have to wait several months or even a year to get this update officially. If you don’t like to wait then you are at right place, here in this article you can update your HTC One with Android 4.4 KitKat AOSP custom ROM.
You have to be brave enough to opt for this process if you have recently bought this HTC One because this process void your device warranty. If your device warranty is already end then without any worry you can go through this article. Read carefully this article and clarify you doubts before doing anything. To install this custom rom your device should be rooted, if not click this link for the rooting tutorial.
Important Things to do
- Charge your device up to 80%
- Download and install HTC USB drivers on your computer.
- USB debugging mode must be checked on your device.
- Create complete backup of your device to get rid of data loss.
How to install CWM recovery on HTC One X
- Connect you HTC One with your PC via cable.
- Copy the Clockwork mode file into the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools folder.
- Go to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools folder and open Command promt, to do so press Shift+Right Click and choose command prompt form the listed options.
- Type fastboot flash recovery CWM_Touch_Recovery_220.127.116.11_M7.img and hit enter.
- After completion of this process select Recovery from the fast boot menu to enter into the recovery mode.
- Navigate up and down by pressing volume up and down, If you see Clockwork touch recovery option there, that means you have successfully installed CWM recovery.
- Reboot your device by going back in the recovery menu.
Now the time is to update HTC One with latest Android KitKat v4.4. Everything that you have done so far was supporting process for this process. Updating OS unofficially is not an easy task but I have tried to make it simpler ans easiest process to follow.
How to Update HTC One X+ with Android KitKat using Pure AOSP custom ROM
- Reboot your device in recovery mode, press and hold volume down+ power key and choose recovery from the menu.
Note: In recovery mode use volume keys t move up and down and use power key to select the highlighted option.
- Now do full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” option and “wipe cache partition“ also and then move to the advance options and select “wipe Dalvik Cache“.
- Now move back to the main menu and select “install zip from SDcard” and give the location the Pure AOSP ROM file which you have downloaded recently and press the Yes button to begin the flashing process.
- This process will take around 2-3 minutes to complete, let this to complete.
- Repeat the same step 3 but this time give the directory of the file GApps instead of AOSP ROM.
- Here also you have to wait for sometimes, after completion of this task get back to the main menu and select Reboot.
- As this is starting for the first time to use new Android KitKat so it takes time to initialize features and process. Don’t panic for that.
Yeah!!! You have successfully updated brand new Android KitKat on HTC One. Share your experience after installing this on your device. Enjoy and have fun