Many Samsung devices have started receiving the latest Kitkat 4.4 update after the launch of latest CyanogenMod 11 based on KitKat 4.4. The KitKat 4.4 update is unofficial for devices like Galaxy Ace, fit mini and Gio.
Samsung has also planned to provide the Kitkat update on several device. Other older device could also get this update but there are some issues that your device must be fulfill the criteria of using Kitkat which is minimum of 512 MB RAM. If your device has more than 512 MB RAM then you can try this update based on CM11 custom ROM.
All the device which I have mentioned (Galaxy Ace, mini, Fit and Geo) all was released two years back in may 2011 and around. This custom ROM is developed by a team of XDA developers, thanks them for providing this update so soon. As they are still updating this ROM so you might find some bugs after flashing, which will must be fixed in future so you need to be careful during the process. Kitkat update size is about 200 MB using this ROM.
It will be a fun to get Kitkat 4.4 on device currently running on Android ginger bread or ICS. In order to move further to get this update follow the steps which will help you to taste this update on your device. To get this update your device must be rooted and installed CWM recovery, search our website for suitable rooting and CWM recovery tutorial.
- Its important to fully charge your device before starting the process to avoid interruption which flashing the Android Kitkat.
- Must create a data and media backup of your device because after kitkat update you will lose all your stored data. Use BackUp pro tool to do so.
- Download and install proper USB drivers on your computer.
> CM11 ROM for Galaxy Ace
> CM11 ROM for Galaxy Fit(Beni)
> CM11 ROM for Galaxy mini
> CM11 ROM and Gaaps for Galaxy Gio
Steps to update KitKat 4.4 on Galaxy Ace, Fit, Mini and Gio
- Download all the file and without extracting them place on your desktop (Only download the file suitable for your model).
- Connect your device using data cable to your computer, make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode.
- Now copy the desired ROM compressed file on device’s memory card.
- Now disconnect your device from your computer and reboot it into recovery mode using three button combo (Volume Up+ Power + Home) simultaneously for 3-5 seconds until Samsung logo appears.
- Now your task is to to delete all the stored data by selecting the wipe data/ factory reset option and also wipe cache partition.
- And then from CWM recovery main menu choose install zip from SD card, it will ask you to provide the zip file, now browse the CM11 ROM file and confirm the installation.
- Wait for sometimes to complete the process. After that just reboot your device,
- This time also you have to wait more than usual.
You are done , you have successfully updated your device with latest Android Kitkat 4.4. Feel free to share your views with us.