Galaxy S II Sky Rocket is a Samsung Smartphone currently running on Android v4.1.2 Jelly Bean and there is no sign of any KitKat update to this device, I am thankful to XDA developers to help us to improve the device performance and quick updates of everything related to Android. If you don’t want to wait for the official one then this article would be helpful for to install Android 4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S ll SkyRocket based on CyanogenMod 11 ROM. CyanogenMod 11 is a tool that automatically updates your existing version of Android with KitKat 4.4.
Installing custom firmware on any device is illegal and it voids your device warranty. To get this custom rom on your device then you device must be rooted and installed CWM or TWRP recovery. If your device is not rooted then search out blog to get the rooting tutorial.
Things required to update Android Kitkat 4.4
- Fully Charge your device, it consumes more battery during the process.
- To connect your device with your computer, download and install proper USB driver on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, Go to Settings->Applications->Developer Option-> check USB debugging Mode
- If your device is rooted then use titanium backup tool to create a complete backup of your phone’s data, because you are going to flash your device completely.
>. CM11 ROM Android Kitkat 4.4
>. Android 4.4 compatible Gapps.zip file
How to install Android Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S ll Skyrocket.
Note: This process is only for Galaxy S ll Skyrocket, please do not try this on another device, if you are not sure about the device model, Go to Settings->About Device.
- Download both the file from the specified hyperlink on your computer.
- Now connect your device with your computer via cable and copy the download file on your device’s memory card
- Disconnect your device from your computer and reboot in recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hole Volume Down+Power + Home button to enable the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first perform wipe data-cache-dalvik cache.
- Now go to the advance and select install zip from SD card and then browse the file that you have copied on your memory card.
- Click yes to begin the process, it will take 2-5 minutes to complete.
- Wait for the process to complete, it will reboot automatically and take few minutes to on, because it will start for the first time after flashing the custom ROM.
Congratulations, You have successfully installed Android Kitkat 4.4 on your device, If you have any doubt or want to share your experience regarding this tutorial, feel free to write in the comment box.