Android is the fastest growing mobile OS in this planet, around 800 million mobile users are now using this OS. Android provides you liberty to do any kind of customization starting from changing an icon to replacing the whole hardware kernel. We also know that Samsung is the largest smartphone maker which runs on this OS.
Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5380 is mid range Android device was launched in May 2011, since then it didn’t get any software update. This device is still running on an outdated Android v2.3 Ginger Bread. For that reason only developers are trying to update this device with some latest one. Couple of weeks ago Cyanogen Mod was providing a ROM that was based on KitKat 4.4 (unofficially). Now it has updated this ROM to Kitkat 4.4.2 for this device. In this tutorial I will show you how easy is to get the very latest Kitkat 4.4.2. But you haven’t rooted your device then you could work more. First click here to root this device which is must important to install this Cyanogen Mod 11 custom ROM based on KitKat 4.4.2.
Things to be done
- This process consumes more battery power than usual, so you need to fully charge your device, if not then charge it first.
- You are going to flash the all new Kitkat 4.4.2, so create a complete backup of your device data like contacts, messages, important documents etc using some backup tool available at Google Play Store.
- Download and install proper USB drivers/Kies on your computer, if you have already installed it then you can skip this step.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, its difficult to tell the exact path of this option as it varies device to device. But you will find this option inside the settings menu.
- Download the listed file on your computer. (No need to extract )
> Android 4.4.2 CyanogenMod 11 ROM for Galaxy Ace
> ClockworkMod Recovery 18.104.22.168
How to update Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 to KitKat 4.4.2 using CWM recovery
First you need to install CWM recovery on your device then only you will be able to flash this CM11 ROM. Don’t be panic its very easy, you just need to follow the steps carefully.
- Connect your device to your computer using data cable and copy both the file to the root directory of the memory card (No need to create any folder).
- Now switch off your device, now the time is to use the three button combo to enable the recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power button until you see the Samsung’s logo on the screen.
Note: In recovery mode always use volume key to navigate up/down and power key to select any option.
- Now you will see an option called “install zip from SD card“, it will ask you to provide the zip file, browse the ClockworkMod recovery 22.214.171.124.zip file and and press yest to begin the process.
- After that reboot your device normally.
- You have installed CWM recovery, now you task is to install CM11 ROM using CWM recovery.
- Again using three button combo enable the recovery mode, this time you need to select wipe data/factory reset option, it will delete all your stored data and then from advance option select wide dalvik cache.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu and select install zip from SD card and then provide the path of the Android Kitkat 4.2.2 KitKat CM11 ROM.zip file and then press yes to confirm the process.
- Wait for the process to complete, after completion reboot your device.
Congrats !!! You have successfully installed KitKat 4.4.2 on your Galaxy Ace GT-S5830.